Purdeys Jewellers Shepparton opened in Wyndham Street in May 1969, with Frank Purdey and son in law Stewart Lynas, at the helm. Mr Purdey, who began his career in the trade as a watchmaker in 1929, retired in 1972.
Stewart graduated as a qualified Gemmologist and registered valuer and went on to establish a 2nd and 3rd store in Victoria, and coastal NSW. In 1994, history repeated itself, with son in law Michael Kearney joining the family business and establishing Purdeys Benalla store. Stewart and Michael’s wives, Pam and Jo, are very active in the selection and creation of Purdeys fine jewellery. Today Michael, who is a internationally qualified Diamond grader and jewellery designer, continues on in charge of the operation along side his wife Jo.
Over half a century Purdeys has earned itself a reputation as a trusted local jeweller, well qualified to meet the many needs of its customers. Purdeys is renowned for its expertise in creative design styles, which they combine to create an outstanding international selection of “beautiful Jewellery” and fine watches.